Re: Help! pipe key no longer working in X11 (unstable)

On Fri, 9 May 2003 11:26:40 +0200 Alexander Koch <efraim@preacher.de>
(AK) wrote:

AK | I cannot use the < or the > or the | key any longer. Is that
AK | a known bug? It surely is annoying... and the key itself is
AK | working fine on the console but not in any terminal.

I had exactly the same problem, but for me it was after upgrading to
(selfcompiled) XFree 4.3.0. You would have metioned if you did this
before, right?

My solution, which could be of interest for you, as you probably are
using a German keyboard layout too:
- do xmodmap -e 'keycode 94 = less greater bar'
- As the pipe still didnt work, I had to map pipe to shift-space via
  xmodmap -e 'keycode 65 = space bar'
- for convenience (if you boot more often than every 2 months), you
could put the command
  in .xinitrc or your start-up-script of choice