Re: nautilus packages

Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> writes:

[...]

> > Until aptitude understands '--target-release', this is not an option
> > for those running a mixed system, like myself.
> >
> > If I could do 'aptitude -t unstable install gnome', it would be
> > perfect.
>
> That would be nice indeed, but in the meantime, you can try selecting
> the unstable version of the gnome package in the aptitude UI and working
> your way through the dependencies.

With extensive dependency chains like in the case of the gnome
meta-package this is not exactly fun to do.

My quickest workaround for such situtations is to temporarily rename
apt.conf (containing APT::Default-Release "testing";) and then do
aptitude install foobar. As far as I understand, this does essentially
the same as setting --target-release to unstable.

Thanks,

Johannes