Re: [woody backport]: svg icons not displayed

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 12:31, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> Some days ago, the svg icons stopped working for me (I use the Gorilla
> theme). Desktop is fine, but icons in panel menus or on some dialog
> buttons are missing. The list archives suggest to install
> librsvg2-common in a similar case, but I have that (and it did work
> until recently after all).

What dialog buttons in particular?  I did see one icon disappear-- the
Network Servers icon in the Applications menu.  Other than that,
everything seems a go.

> Here's what svg stuff I have currently
> installed:
>
> mario@sonic: ~ $ dpkg -l |grep rsvg
> ii  librsvg1       1.0.3-1        SAX-based renderer library for SVG
> files.
> ii  librsvg2-1     1.1.6-3        SAX-based renderer library for SVG
> files. (f
> ii  librsvg2-2     2.2.4-1woody1  SAX-based renderer library for SVG
> files. (f
> ii  librsvg2-commo 2.2.4-1woody1  SAX-based renderer library for SVG
> files. (f
> ii  librsvg2-dev   2.2.4-1woody1  SAX-based renderer library for SVG
> files.(de
> mario@sonic: ~ $
>
> I did not have librsvg1 and librsvg2-1 installed originally AFAIK, but
> did so in my vain attempts to fix it. Removing them doesn't seem to
> help, anyway.

dpkg -l rsvg:
ii  librsvg-dev    1.0.3-1        Libraries and include files for
developing w
ii  librsvg1       1.0.3-1        SAX-based renderer library for SVG
files.
ii  librsvg2-2     2.2.4-1woody1  SAX-based renderer library for SVG
files. (f
ii  librsvg2-commo 2.2.4-1woody1  SAX-based renderer library for SVG
files. (f

I would definitely get rid of librsvg2-1.  Try something like this:

dpkg --purge --force-depends librsvg2-1 librsvg2-2 librsvg2-common
librsvg2-dev

then do:
apt-get -f install

and see if it makes a difference.  Is the gorilla theme one you
downloaded or gtk2-engines-gorilla?  Also, try using the Simple theme
and then going back to the Gorilla theme.  I don't know if this will
help any.

Jamie

--
Email:        jstrand1@rochester.rr.com