adding file types

Hello,
I'm trying to make galeon2 (galeon-snapshot) recognize a different
mime type and to launch a program based on that mime-type.  It seems
like preconfigured things like the OpenOffice stuff seem to work,
but I can't add my own.

Specifically, I'm trying to configure the Zope Editor stuff so I can
edit Zope objects with gvim and such.  Since the file types and
programs is configured by gnome rather than the browser, it doesn't
seem to be as straight forward.  I keep getting a box that has:

  "It's not possible to view this file type directly in the
  browser."

But I'm not telling it to open in the browser.

Any help would be appreciated.  Also, please CC me as I'm not on the
debian-gtk-gnome list.

Thanks,
-Chris