auto-hinding panel killing the X server ...

Hello, ...

When logging in this morning, a bad surprise awaited me. Gnome logs in
as usual, but when i go to the auto-hiding panel i have at the bottom of
the display, instead of un-hiding the panel, the X server just dies.

I have Daniel Stone's 4.3.0 X server installed (but it also happens on
my self built january cvs snapshot of X). On the panel, i have the
following icons and other stuff :

  foot menu
  logout buttom
  home button (which calls nautilus)
  the clear desktop button
  a windows list
  an xterm calling button
  a galeon-snapshot calling button
  and a evolution button

The strange thing is that when i first login, all the icons show up
without problems and then the panel auto-hides. I get some errors in the
.gnome-errors, but nothing spectacular, mostly apps complaining about
loosing connection to the X server, so i think it is not due to this. I
don't get anything special in /var/log/XFree86 also.

I guess it is something that happened between saturday and sunday, since
i don't think i relaunched gnome after having done the upgrade
yesterday.

Friendly,

Sven Luther