Re: gtk-doc API documentation

On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 16:19, Christian Marillat wrote:
> > gtk-doc generated documentation is installed in
> > /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/[package].  I suggest a symlink in
> > /usr/share/doc/[package]/ pointing to it, to respect policy.  Ensure
> > that the *.devhelp, *.sgml, *.xml files in /usr/share/gtk-doc are not
> > compressed, tools will want to read these.
>
> We should do the opposite, because package who use a doc-base file will
> generate a .dhelp file in /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/ and then install-docs
> will never be able to remove this file.

I don't understand. For my upcoming package libgtcpsocket, I will have
/usr/share/gtk-doc/html/libgtcpsocket/.dhelp. Why will this file not be
able to be deleted at package remove?

> BTW which tools are supposed to read these documentations in
> /usr/share/gtk-doc ?

The upcoming DevHelp 2 reads directly from the gtk-doc trees instead of
having to create another file, and gtk-doc uses it when building
documentation for cross-references.  I think we all agree that using API
documentation with no cross-references is quite painful.

Regards,
Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com