Re: nautilus control center

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 14:56, Graham Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 12:54:05PM -0500, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> > GNOME2.2 is supposed to have a Control Center view for Nautilus, but
> > I'm not seeing it anywhere in my Preferences menu - is this a
> > mis-packaging issue, my setup, or am I on crack thinking this view is
> > supposed to be there?  (Nautilus view is in the GNOME bugzilla for the
> > control-center, and on the mailing lists I'm told it's supposed to be
> > there...)
>
> try opening a nautilus window and going to preferences:///. is this what
> your talking about?

No.  I mean the Nautilus settings (it's single-click behaviour and all
that) are supposed to be accessible from within the control center (and
the main menu's preferences section), not just from within a Nautilus
window.  This is a usability issue, as the Nautilus settings control the
behaviour the user's desktop, and the behaviour of the user's desktop
belongs in the control center.

When I asked on the GNOME mailing list, they told me there was a desktop
settings entry in the control center, and indeed, in bugzilla, in the
Control Center module there is a component for nautilus settings.  So
I'm thinking either the Debian packages aren't quite right, or upstream
goofed somewhere.