Re: bogus bug reports blocking important packages from entering testing

Hi,

lør, 2003-02-01 kl. 11:19 skrev Johannes Rohr:

[snip]
> This leads to a deplorable situation where the testing version of
> Mozilla is in fact the most unstable and insecure version available in
> Debian: Newer releases that fix bugs including security holes are
> infinitely blocked from entering testing, not because the newer
> version is buggier but because old reports are not cleaned up.
>
> What can one do to remedy this situation? Any comments greatly
> appreciated!

Raising awareness on the issue is definitely an important part of fixing
the problem.
Additionally, you could contact the maintainers of the kept-back
packages and offer to weed out bogus bug-reports. I am sure most
maintainers would welcome any such offer.

--
Søren O.                                            ,''`.
                                                   : :' :