galeon won't start

This problem was only part of the time before, but after upgrading earlier
today, galeon will never start. here's the error I get running it from the
command line:
** WARNING **: could not load bookmarks!

GLib-CRITICAL **: file gcompletion.c: line 108 (g_completion_clear_items):
assertion `cmp != NULL' failed.

** ERROR **: file /tmp/galeon-1.2.7/build/upstream/src/main.c: line 789
(galeon_exit): assertion failed: (g_list_length (all_embeds) == 0)
aborting...
Aborted

This computer is a little too slow to run mozilla comfortably, so it was nice
having galeon around. I'm not too great with GTK, but I'll see if I can find
what's causing the probem over the next few days if no one else has an idea.

Sean