gnome, powerpc, and libgnome-desktop-0 + others

Hello,

I recently came into possession of a PowerMac (Graphite).  I went ahead
and installed Debian GNU/Linux on it.  In the process of installing
Gnome I came across some packages that couldn't be installed because
some packages that it depended upon didn't actually exist.  One of those
packages that didn't exist was libgnome-desktop-0.   I currently cannot
install gnome-panel, gnome-control-center, and a number of other key
Gnome packages.  This has been the case for several days.  I'm currently
running garnome 0.20.0 quite happily though.

My question is this: is this something that is known?  I didn't see
anything on the Debian bug site when I did a search for ``gnome-desktop''
and ``libgnome-desktop''.  Should I file a bug for this?  Is this a bug,
or is the PowerPC Gnome stuff currently in a mixed up state?  Am I mixed
up?

And finally, is there some way I can help rectify this situation?  I'd
love to help out in some way.

--
seth / @sethdaniel.org
My boy is a mean kid. I came home the other day and I saw him taping worms