Re: How to fix a crashing Nautilus

Edd Dumbill <edd@usefulinc.com> writes:

> On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 00:18, Eloy A. Paris wrote:
> > Maybe we won't need this workaround anymore because they are new
> > Nautilus packages coming (yay!) Takuo uploaded last night, but I think
> > he forgot to upload the new libeel2 packages.
>
> The new eel packages are in incoming.  However, you might want to hold
> off as this new nautilus needs gnome-icon-theme, which as far as I can
> tell hasn't been packaged/uploaded yet.

Takuo also packaged gnome-icon-theme (way to go Takuo! :), but since the
package is new it is in queue/new/, waiting for the ftpmasters to
process it and add it to the archive.

People can't get it from queue/new because of file permissions, but I
was lucky I saw it when it was in incoming so I grabbed a copy and am
happily running the new nautilus packages now. I wanted to see the theme
integration with the rest of Gnome as well as the new preferences
dialog. It's very nice, although it seems a "bit" slower, but I am not
sure. It's 100% usable, but I guess I still would like to see a bit more
in the area of Nautilus performance.

Drop me a note if you want gnome-icon-theme before it hits unstable.

Cheers,

Eloy.-