Re: Debian Sid + Gnome2 = Very, Very Broken

Ended up solving this problem, after removing a bunch of gnome2 related
packages with --purge, then ran

apt-get install -u gnome

Which removed my old experimental gnome packages, and replaced them with the
newer unstable ones.  I'm now running gnome2 fine.

There's only two issues I have now:

a)  gnome-terminal is *really* unstable.  keeps freezing up randomly for no
apparent reason.

b)  nautilus is very, very unstable as well, but I'm about to try the
libgnomecanvas downgrade (I assume with wget'ing the package, and dpkg
-i'ing it?).  Thought I'd mention it in case it was related to a).

Cheers

Ryan Verner <xfesty@computeraddictions.com.au>
PGP: 5819 DE5D B5AE 9381 7E60  5B4C 45CC 64DF D3CC EB07

MSN: dev.festy@start.com.au           IRC: xf/irc.oublinet.net
 EQ: [46 Bard] Mummer Hummer (Human)   PH: +61 418 186 604 (*)

cynical: a word used by the frightened to describe the realistic.