Re: Debian GNOME Policy, Mark II

<quote who="Colin Walters">

> I understand what the maintainership issues are, but what other user
> issues are you thinking of?

Consider gnome-vfs-extras, which is split out in upstream for licensing
reasons. That's already rough, but if it were split into its component
methods, they would be very hard to 'discover'.

An easy answer to this is that users should always use the 'gnome'
metapackage, but that's not always how users work. ;-)

(There are other examples of this granularity becoming a usability issue,
including themes, etc., but I've stuck with vfs methods for now.)

- Jeff

--
                      Hunch, n.: U.S. Foreign Policy.