Re: Mozilla & xft

Hi Stefan,

	Thanks for your email.

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 04:37:49PM +0100, Stefan Rotsch wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 16:35, Marcus Crafter wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> > 	Just wondering if anyone has been able to get the mozilla-xft
> > 	package working on their system.
> I know it doesn't solve your problem, but it works fine for me.

	ok, so it must be just my environment then.

> > 	I've installed it and had a play, but for the life of me I get
> > 	nothing but extremely small fonts for both webpages, and mozilla
> > 	itself.
> Yust some blind guesses: Do you have TT fonts installed and configured
> mozilla to use them? Do you have "fontconfig" installed?

	Yes, I have AA/TT fonts working everywhere else except for
	Mozilla.

> > 	Does one have to modify configuration files, or do some special
> > 	commands to enable xft2 AA fonts, etc, in Mozilla ?
> Worked "out of the box"; manual configuration was only needed for enabling
> subpixel hinting, but this is well described in the "fontconfig" man page.

	Ok, I'll continue trying to get it to work. I must have done something
	silly :)

	Thanks again for your help.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: