Re: Metacity crashing after today's upgrade?

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Robin Putters wrote:

: Yes, I had the same problem yesterday when I got the package from
: incoming.d.o .. So I removed metacity and installed the old package and
: put it on hold.
:
: So far no bug report for it (@b.d.o). Maybe we're the only ones?
:
: (Yes, I'll file a bug report whenever I get some time to do it).

I too describe the same problem some of you are reporting. I first
triggered it when I tried to change the default workspace names to
something else -- I've seen it happen through using gconf-editor and
workspace switcher.

It seems to corrupt gconf in a bad way and I could only get things
working again by removing the .gnome2 and .gconf/.gconfd directories

--
Emil Soleyman-Zomalan