Re: Fontilus

hi,

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the installation of Colin
Walter's

> fontconfig & xft2 packages cause xft1 (version 1.1 specifically) to
use

> fontconfig?

As far as I know yes. Him and I talked about it and he said it should
work. The thumbnail viewer should not work tho because nautilus 2.1 is
needed for that.

i was a bit fast in my fontilus installation....had installed colins packages
but as i didnt recognize that there was already a sourcepackage, i built
one myself with deb-make.....this worked with the above thumbnail exception.
next day i recognized the deb source, so i deinstalled my package and
tried this one....

afterwards nothing worked anymore, if i start gnome-font-viewer on the
command line fontconfig now tells me it cant find any fonts....
(before it did...)
i didnt change any setting between deinstall and reinstall....

does the fontilus package affect fontconfig settings in any case ?
it shouldnt....

ciao
	oli