gtk2 very slow and memory hungry?

Hi everyone,

I am not sure what problem is it?  But since I upgrade to gnome2, things
are just very slow.  Startup time for gnome-terminal (gtk2), gvim (gtk1)
and galeon (gtk1) are much longer then it used to be.   gnome-terminal
in gtk1 use to take 1s, but now the machine freezes up for like 3s on my
pentium III 500MHz.  Same thing happen for the other gtk app.  Any idea?
Something wrong with the mixing of library?

Also, when I check the memory usage of each application by system
moniter in gnome2, I am supprise because X is using 91M, gnome-terminal
is using 11.4M, gnomicu is using 10.3M, gweather is using 8.9M.  And
most of the gnome app is using at least 5M.  Isn't this ridiculous?  I
am sure gweather cannot use that much memory.  X is using too much
memory too, right?  Anyone knows what's happening to my system?  Memory
leaks?  BTW, I have 512MB RAM.

or is there any way I can find out what happen?  I am using unstable.

--
Edwin ERTW Lau
Post your ad for free now! http://personals.yahoo.ca