Re: Missing preferences in Gnome2

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 22:20, Chun Kit Edwin Lau wrote:
> I believe there is a thread that talks about it b4.  In that thread,
> someone mentioned:
>
> dpkg -S /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/vfolders/* and delete the files that are not
> supposed to be there.  Then I think you should be ok.
>
> I only had couple of entries in that menu b4.  Deleting those "invalid"
> files correct the problem.

Not here. The above fixed my menus, but not this.  The Screensaver item
under Advanced is called like this:

xscreensaver-demo --crapplet

(which is kinda funny), but when launching this from the command line we
get:

xscreensaver-demo: 23:48:55: XScreenSaver-warning: Unable reach the
control-center.
Exiting...

Maybe this is a libcapplet1 vs libcapplet0 thing.  Anyway, editing
/usr/share/gnome/apps/Settings/Desktop/screensaver-properties.desktop to
have:
Exec=xscreensaver-demo

instead of:
Exec=xscreensaver-demo --crapplet

will at least make it do something reasonable.

Jamie Strandboge

--
Email:        jstrand1@rochester.rr.com
GPG/PGP ID:   26384A3A