Re: gnome-wm

Bart Schuller <schuller+debian-gtk-gnome@lunatech.com> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 11:50:44PM +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
> For me this is simply a big hack because metacity doesn't support Debian
> menu and can have a better priority. In some point some old window
> manager like fvwm are better than metacity.

> Why would a window manager have to support Debian menu? Metacity doesn't
> display any menus except for manipulating windows. It's a window
> manager, not a program launcher.

A window manager should support key-bindings  You loose a lot of time
when you move your mouse. Configurable key-bindings are mandatory for a
window manager.

> It works fine as a window manager and great as a gnome2 window manager.

I'm talking about x-window-manager priority (See policy 12.8.4.) Because
metacity doesn't support Debian menu, his priority is 50 thus it can't
supersed non Gnome window manager. Then gnome-wm take the first
x-window-manager with the same priority.

Christian