Re: [desktop] Please read the vFolder spec [Was: why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks]

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 11:59:36PM +1000, Jeff Waugh scribbled:
> <quote who="Marek Habersack"/>
>
> > Jeff, while all you write above is true and the vFolder spec is the
> > mechanism which will be used (as I gather), I thought this discussion was
> > not about "how to do that technically" but "how to organize the layout". I
> > doubt vFolder will automagically categorize applications, put them in the
> > order we wish, add descriptions etc. etc.
>
> With correctly written .desktop files, that's precisely what it does. :-)
Perfect then :). Btw, where's the gnome-vfs-2.0 vfolders XML description?

> I'm assuming that you'd want to stick with the current menu layout for
> generated menu files (for e, WindowMaker, etc), but let the other systems
> that actually implement the vFolder spec handle it themselves.
Yes, I think that's the goal. If .desktop files can do that, then where do I
join the fanclub?

marek