Re: gnome, gdm and background image.

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 09:10:27AM +0200, Stefan Schwandter wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
>
> > Mmm, i suppose nobody has a clue about the background image issue ?
> > Am i the only one in seing this, or is this considered normal
> > behavior ?
>
> You're not the only one, I'm seeing that too...

Hi, if that's what I think it is it is because of Nautilus. The small
"blip" happens when Nautilus loads to draw the desktop. The grey "image"
is just the background colour set up in the background properties. Also,
if Nautilus is configured not to draw the desktop (note that then no
icons appear) that annoying "grey image" won't appear (it worked for me
and I'm not missing those icons, really ;). If it's Nautilus related it
could be issued as a bug for Nautilus, or maybe an enhancement, I don't
know.

Hope I was of any help,

Alfonso Muñoz-Pomer Fuentes