Re: Debian GNOME 2 Transition First Call for Skilled Testers

On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 18:02, Colin Walters wrote:

> ** HOW TO TEST

I forgot to mention this explictly; in case it wasn't immediately clear,
you must also add experimental to your sources.list.  There are
instructions on that here:
http://people.debian.org/~walters/gnome2.html

Also, if you want to help test the transition, one great way to do this
is by making a separate chroot, where you can have the regular GNOME 1.4
installed, look at a .gnome directory, perhaps add or remove applets,
then copy it over to another user on your regular system (which has
GNOME 2 from sid on it, plus the gnome-session from my site).  From
there you can log in with gdmflexiserver --xnest to see how the upgrade
goes.  That's how I've been testing this.

I've written a little guide on making chroot Debian systems here:
http://people.debian.org/~walters/chroot.html