Re: Gnome2 config options missing

Le Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 10:14:06PM -0600, Jay Graves écrivait:
> Hello
> I recently installed Gnome2 (gnome) from experimental onto my sid
> system.  Currently under my "Applications / Desktop Preferences" menu
> item I do not have many of the configuration options that Gnome2
> normally has.  I have no font config utility and no way of switching the
> gtk2 theme.  Is there some package that did not get installed?  Or have
> these tools just not been packaged yet.

This has been explained already. You have to remove some files in
/etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/vfolders/ ... you have to remove the files which are
not part of any package.

So you launch this command :
for i in /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/vfolders/*; do dpkg -S $i; done

And you look which file is not part a package and you remove it.

We really have to do that automatically somewhere (not the test with
dpkg -S but removing the files which are causing troubles)... Christian ?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com