Re: GNOME 2.1.x is not ready for Debian

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 03:57:48PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to make it clear, if anyone asks, the 2.1.x development series is *not*
> ready for any Debian release. Except maybe experimental. But it might be
>( better to get 2.0.x up to speed first. ;-)

Could i ask that we _DON'T_ put 2.1.x in experimental, but in a	separate
staging area. When the time is right for it that is naturally.
experimental is fine for single packages or so, but gnome is a set of
many packages, and upgrading from experimental is not an easy thing to
do.

> If Debian users feel like testing it, GARNOME is very well supported on
> Debian [ mostly because, um, I only use Debian... ;-) ].

And i suppose there is an apt-getable repository of it somewhere ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther