Re: ttf-freefont

On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 16:08, Colin Walters wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was recently looking at the list of new packages in aptitude, and I
> saw the "ttf-freefont" package.  I'm really happy I installed it!  It
> comes with really good fonts which look nice in GNOME 2.  I highly
> recommend installing the package.  I just sent off a gushing bit of fan
> mail to the author too :)

Yeah, I think those fonts rock, especially when you consider all other
Unicode characters in there.  I sent fan mail, too, per your advice :-)
I also added a plug for them on oreillynet.com so I hope the project
will get even more attention.

Debian GNOME should be at the point where something like these fonts are
installed by default and AA just works 'out of the box.'  I always
insist to my Mac OS X friends that GNOME can look every bit or better,
but the setup is just so fiddly, what with sacrificing chickens at
midnight to Defoma etc, etc.

-- Edd