Re: Gnome 2.0 antialiased fonts

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 09:54:22AM +0200, Alexis Sukrieh wrote:
> At 09:58 03/10/2002 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
>
> >If we want to not be drowned in such questions, it would be good to have
> >a README.AntialiasedFonts or something such in an easily available place
> >(like in /usr/share/doc/gnome2 ?), which gives all the steps of setting
> >up antialiased fonts. Or point to the proper howto or something such.
>
> I would love such a thing ! :~]

Well, the problem about it is that :

1) we have to find someone with :

  a) the knowledge of how things are supposed to work.
  b) the time and motivation to write it.

2) it is only in part a gnome2 problem, many of the things are related
to XFree86 handling of antialiased fonts, so this would mean handling
the the XF86Config file, installing the right font packages (many are
non-free) and other such.

There may already be piecemal information available in either the
XFree86 documentation, the X packages and X strike force pages and/or
the the debian-x mailing list archive, and the gnome2 documentation.

Friendly,

Sven Luther