Re: GNOME 1 ABI involving libpng

>> Akira TAGOH <tagoh@debian.org> writes:

 > Aah, right. I thought 'making us incompatible with the world' was
 > pointed to a word happened on the libpng3 transition. and when some
 > image libraries is used via gtk+2.0, RTLD_GLOBAL isn't specified as
 > flags. so compatibility will be kept. but if some applications uses
 > RTLD_GLOBAL with g_module_open(), a compatibility will be lost. you
 > are right at this point.

 I see you removed the dependency of libgtk2.0-dev on libpng3-dev, but
 you failed to modify glib2.0.  Care to explain why?  I thought you had
 understood the point...

 In other words, I couldn't make sense of what you said above, I asumed
 you were agreeing with me.  I see that's not the case.

--
Marcelo             | "I mean are we talking Thicko City here or what?"
mmagallo@debian.org |         -- Gaspode the wonder dog