Anyone having problems with file types (Gnome 2.0.1)?

Guys, quick question: I installed OpenOffice (the experimental Debian
packages) and I am having problems getting the OpenOffice documents to
open from Nautilus. The document types are not associated with any
application, but when I try to associate them nothing happens. It
looks like Nautilus (or gnome-vfs, I am not exactly sure who's at
fault here) is looking for mime-types in the wrong place.

If someone can give this a quick try I'd appreciate: try associating
any file type with a specific application and see if the next time you
go to "Applications:Desktop Preferences:Advanced:File Types and
Programs" you still have the association you just created.

By the way, Nautilus shows the icons for OpenOffice documents just
fines, it is just that when you double click on them they can't be
opened because they are not associated with any program.

Thanks!

Eloy.-