GNOME2 installation completely hosed with this morning's apt-get update

Hi all,

I apt-get updated my unstable/experimental system this morning, and
my GNOME2 desktop is now completely hosed.  I have the following
versions:

ii  gnome-control- 2.0.1-2        The GNOME Control Center for GNOME 2
ii  libeel2-2      2.0.4-1        Eazel Extensions Library (for GNOME2)
ii  eog2           1.0.1-5        Eye of Gnome graphics viewer program
ii  gconf-editor   0.2-2          An editor for the GConf configuration system
ii  gnome-applets2 2.0.1-4        Various applets for GNOME 2 panel
ii  gnome-panel2   2.0.6-2        Launch and/or dock GNOME 2 applications
ii  gnome-session2 2.0.5-2        The GNOME 2 Session Manager
ii  gnome-system-m 2.0.1-1.1      Process viewer and system resource monitor f
ii  gnome-terminal 2.0.1-2        The GNOME 2 terminal emulator application
ii  gnome2-user-gu 2.0.0-1        GNOME 2 User's Guide
ii  gnome-utils    2.0.1-1.1      GNOME desktop utilities
ii  libgail-gnome0 1.0.0-2        GNOME Accessibility Implementation Library f
ii  libgnomeprint2 1.116.0-2      The GNOME 2 Print architecture - runtime fil
ii  libgnomeprintu 1.116.0-3      The GNOME 2 Print architecture User Interfac
ii  libgtkhtml2-0  2.0.1-2        HTML rendering/editing library - runtime fil
ii  libgtop2       2.0.0-0        Libraries for gtop system monitoring library
ii  librsvg2-2     2.0.1-2        SAX-based renderer library for SVG files. (f
ii  libwnck4       0.16-1         Window Navigator Construction Kit - runtime
ii  libzvt2        1.4.2-2        The GNOME zvt (zterm) widget
ii  nautilus2      2.0.4-1        File manager and graphical shell (GNOME2)
ii  metacity       2.4.0-1        A lightweight GTK2 based Window Manager.
ii  scrollkeeper   0.3.11-1       A free electronic cataloging system for docu
ii  yelp           1.0.3-1        Help browser for GNOME 2
ii  gnome-media2   2.0.0.uus-2    Gnome 2 Media Utilities
ii  xscreensaver-g 4.05-9         GNOME binaries for xscreensaver
ii  gedit          2.0.2-2.1      Light-weight text editor
ii  file-roller2   2.0.0-2.1      An archiver for GNOME

Nautilus shows nothing on my desktop.  When I run nautilus from a
terminal, it says "/home/jwb is not a vlid location.  Please check
the spelling and try again." There are no entries in the
Applications menu, except "Debian Menu" and "KDE Menu", which both
contain nothing.

I do have a panel, with the window list, workspace switcher, volume
control, clock, Applications menu, and Actions menu.