Re: Intent to NMU packages that depend on libgtk2.0-0

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 09:49:06PM -0400, Joe Drew wrote:
> Firstly, I ask you not to do this at all; however, please DO NOT NMU
> gedit. I am not at all convinced of this gtk transition and do not wish
> my packages to be dragged into it until I am convinced.

Very well, I will not upload your package. Considering the number of
packages that have already been rebuild under this hair-brained renaming
scheme, a reversion or otherwise will still require a similar mass
rebuilding.

> I don't want to be a party to breakage of stable.

We are at the whim of the gtk2 maintainer who has decided to ignore my
protestations, as well as people far greater than I. All I am doing in
the meantime is trying to coerce apt into not putting half of my system
on hold, or removing the other half.

> Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

Regards,
Rob