Re: libgtk+2.0/png3...are we or aren't we

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 17:27, Jack Howarth wrote:
>     It appears that gnome-gv will be similar to xchat, in that
> when built under glib/gtk+2.0, gdk-imlib-dev isn't really used
> anymore. I find that using the ggv-1.99.9 tarball and the
> diff from gnome-gv-1.99.7-8 I can build a usable package against
> libpng3. There is a minor glitch with installing the bonobo
> subdir but that can be worked around. (ggv-postscript-viewer
> is being installed in tmp/usr/libexec instead of tmp/usr/bin).

That's not a bug. Bonobo components are not something you can run on the
command-line, so they moved to libexec. It's a bug if the components are
still in bin/ ;)

> ps So at this point perhaps the focus should be more on helping
> kde rid itself of the imlib dependency than on adding it back
> to GNOME 2.0?

Which part of Gnome2 depends on imlib ? I truthfully don't know of any,
and, if there are any, they should probably be fixed indeed.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net