Re: gnome2 experimental packages accessing the internet in postinst ?

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 13:55, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> Hello, ...
>
> i am installing the gnome2 packages over a slow modem line, and noticed
> that many of the packages (file-roller2, gnome-utils,
> gnome-system-monitor, ...) seem to want to access the internet from the
> postinst, during package setup, as they take a long time, and the modem
> light show traffic.
>
> Is this normal (i believe not) and how can i remove this behavior ?

file-roller2 2.0.0 fixes this problem (afai concerned). It just needs to
actually get in the repo.

See this hack Christian uses (and I simplified to not have a gazillion
of backslashes ;)

find -name *.xml -exec perl -i -pe
's,http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd,/usr/share/sgml/docbook/dtd/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd,' {} \;

That's on the content of /usr/share/gnome/help

That should fix it (at least a bit).

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera