Re: Gnome 2 summary 27/06/2002

<quote who="Joe Drew">

> I do understand. :) But I actually wanted to know - is file-roller the
> bonobo component for unpacking files? How does it work in G1?

fileroller is not part of the 2.0 desktop modules, see:

  http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/modules/

It's just a utility like WinZip.

> Yeah, but we *are* running unstable. :)

That's a shithouse excuse for mindlessly pissing your users and maintainers
(who will be receiving the bug reports) off. Giving them a choice is one
thing [1], painting them into a corner is quite different.

- Jeff

[1] I would choose G2, and keep my G1 control-centre around. But then, I
know what's going on, and know that migration issues aren't Debian's
problem.

--
     "On Tuesday I saw Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon with Zack and two
             ladies whom I presume are gracious." - Seth Schoen