Re: gnome-pilot testing

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 03:15:31PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Colin Watson">
>
> > I thought GNOME 2 wasn't supposed to go into released distributions yet,
> > anyway?
>
> WARNING: Do not let *any* GNOME 2.0 platform packages fall through to woody.
> Put important bugs on them or something, "GNOME 2.0 crack should not go in
> woody".
>
> sid should be the only playground for GNOME 2.0 crack. :)

I wonder if GNOME 2 is mature enough even for sid.

Since GNOME 1 and GNOME 2 cannot completely coexist,

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-gtk-gnome/2002/debian-gtk-gnome-200201/msg00065.html

it would seem better that GNOME 2 be put in a special place
(e.g. somewhere on people.debian.org) for now.  During the woody
freeze, for example, it would be nice to know that one is not
debugging a GNOME 2 problem.

Comments?

--
by Rocket to the Moon,