Re: Gaim CVS snapshot packages

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:00:09 +0000
Robert McQueen <robot101@debian.org> wrote:

> As followers of Gaim will know, the only releases being put out for
> *nix at the moment are gtk1-based stable releases from the 0.59.x
> branch. This leaves us GNOME2/Gtk2 users out in the cold whilst heavy
> development work proceeds in CVS. By popular request, I have made a
> system for packaging gaim CVS snapshots, and the first off the
> production line is today's, 1:0.60cvs20021217-1.
>
> Please read README.Debian for info on new features and known issues,
> especially the image/conversation window feature regressions due to
> heavy code rewriting. If you have problems with Gaim, try #gaim on
> irc.freenode.net, or the bug tracker on sf.net/projects/gaim, or
> failing that mail me at robot101@debian.org.
>
> Also please mail me if you find any packaging bugs. I'm particularly
> interested in upgrades from the gaim/gaim-gnome packages in sid at the
> moment. What do you end up with in /usr/share/doc/gaim*?
>
> Plenty of development has happened... plenty more has to be done.
> Please treat as beta-quality, if not alpha. With that in mind, the
> sources.list lines are:
>  deb     http://people.debian.org/~robot101/gaim unstable cvs
>  deb-src http://people.debian.org/~robot101/gaim unstable cvs

Just did an apt-get -b source gaim, and it works really nicely, gaim has
improved a lot since the 0.5 branch. , i just tried a chat with
myself (you can add yourself as a contact ^^), and i was able to talk in
japanese, french. Thank you very much for this package ! I'll try it as
soon as tomorrow with some friends using icq on win32, to test the i18n
features.

But well, the package doesn't seems to have problems, all my
configuration was there, all buddies too. I didn't had any warning at
the package compilation, and none at the package upgrade.
Note that i'm using Sarge, with gnome2 from Sid.

Please note i'm only having the gaim package, not the gaim-gnome, it
wasn't created. But i think it's because of the Tray Icon plugin. Didn't
tried it, i haven't the system-tray-applet installed. Maybe a Replaces:
gaim-gnome in the package could be interesting to automatically remove
the old package (which is no longer needed.)

Here is what you asked for :
julien@home:~$ find /usr/share/doc/gaim/
/usr/share/doc/gaim/
/usr/share/doc/gaim/SIGNALS.gz
/usr/share/doc/gaim/AUTHORS
/usr/share/doc/gaim/TODO.gz
/usr/share/doc/gaim/FAQ.gz
/usr/share/doc/gaim/CREDITS
/usr/share/doc/gaim/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/gaim/README.Debian
/usr/share/doc/gaim/copyright
/usr/share/doc/gaim/examples
/usr/share/doc/gaim/examples/licq2gaim.pl
/usr/share/doc/gaim/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/gaim/NEWS.gz
/usr/share/doc/gaim/README.gz
/usr/share/doc/gaim/PERL-HOWTO.gz