Re: Metacity crashing after today's upgrade?

> I too describe the same problem some of you are reporting. I first
> triggered it when I tried to change the default workspace names to
> something else -- I've seen it happen through using gconf-editor and
> workspace switcher.
>
> It seems to corrupt gconf in a bad way and I could only get things
> working again by removing the .gnome2 and .gconf/.gconfd directories

Yes, I did some strace'ing, and it seems to have something to do with
Workspace names. Last line strace writes is something like
read("Workspace 1\nWorkspace 2\n)

Sorry, I could not save it this time due to lack of time (and me being
sick).. If the problem is not reproducable or persistent I'd be glad to
provide some more information..

But now, to bed :(

Robin Putters <rputters@hotpop.com>