Re: Theme packages ?

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 06:38:21PM +0100, Marcus Crafter wrote:

> 	$> apt-get install gtk2-engines-*

I feel I should point out that this does not do what you think it does. The
presence of a '*' or one of a few other characters in a package name given
to apt-get makes the whoe thing into a regexp that is checked against every
package name. So the above translates into:

  Match all packages with the string 'gtk2-engines' followed by any number
  of '-' characters in the name.

98% of the time this is what you want. But that last 2% can be a pain. I
just got bit by this, and remembered this message. So. Enlightenment, I
hope, if a little late.

Tom