Re: Nautilus double-click bug rehash

Tudor Oprea wrote:

Timo Aaltonen, a while back, asked about the weird double-click bug in
Nautilus' List View, where it would open a file twice when double-clicked.
Does anyone know the status of this bug?  Are people having it?

I think it's safe to say the status of the bug is "MIA, presumed off the maintainer's radar". :)

I see this bug all the time, as I use the list view quite extensively. Of course, the workarounds are to just hit <return> which causes the file to be opened, or to use the context menu: right click, down-a-bit, click.

Still, the amount of bugs the list view exhibits is very frustrating. As mentioned elsewhere on b.g.o, the list view needs a lot of love.

It looks like Timo submitted the patch that RH8 used, with no success.
Has anyone patched their own copy successfully?

No, I really don't have the time. :(

Can the nautilus
maintainer provide any insight?

You'd probably want to ask on one of the Gnome/Nautilus(?) lists. If you find out, please let me know: I'd love to hear what the situation is.

/mike

--
Mike Gratton <jabber:mjg@jabber.vee.net> <http://web.vee.net/>