Gnome2 and Woody problem

I've followed the descriptions at
http://people.debian.org/~walters/gnome2.html

And what happens for me is that if i look in 'gnome-system-monitor' then
i see that X is chewing up memmory, the most it has chewed up is 300MB.
Ill tell you that, when that happened, my box got really slow... One
more strange thing is that it started out Yesterday, before that, it had
worked fine for about a month (or something like that)

But i got the 'right' version of bonobo-activation ie. v1.0.3 and still
i get problems.

Is there a solution to this problem too? As I said, i run Woody, not
Sid.

Im now in stable Gnome v1.4 (that feels abit stone-age right now, after
1 month with Gnome2)

Ive also read the Gnome-GTK-Debian mailing list, but all those tips and
solutions seems adapted to Sid.

Regards

/ smurfd