Re: Theme packages ?

Hi Michael,

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 06:00:07PM -0800, Michael Toomim wrote:
> Marcus Crafter wrote:
> >	Thanks Jordi :) so I'll get a virtual package up and running soon.
>
> Why not just include all the themes in an existing metapackage, like
> gnome-extras?  (Or if there isn't a gnome-extras meta-package right now,
> maybe that would be a better thing to create.)

	There is a gnome-extras package, but I'm not sure if making it depend
	on all available themes is the right thing to do (TM), as some people
	have expressed they would only like to have a small number of themes
	installed, regardless of what applications they have installed.

	Conversely, some people might want all themes installed (like me), but
	may not have uses for many of the applications listed in
	gnome-extras...

	A separate meta-package would at least give users a separate
	choice over their system's look/feel, and application support.

	What do you think Colin ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: