True Gnome2 workaround

Until we can solve this bonobo, controcenter issue I have a failty easy
way to get gnome2 back running.

First we have to add some entries into the /etc/apt/sources.list

#Snapshots or debian archived
deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2002/11/14/debian unstable main
contrib non-free
deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2002/11/14/debian-non-US
unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
deb-src http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2002/11/14/debian unstable
main contrib non-free
deb-src http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2002/11/14/debian-non-US
unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

Then save and run...

apt-get update

After this do...

apt-get -f upgrade

This will uninstall gnome2...but do not be depressed just do this...

apt-get install gnome

And Gnome2 will come back to life. You may have to reinstall some packs
IE totem, metacity (altho mine didnt get pulled when I -f update) and
anything else gnome2.

Its a lot easier then trying to use debs that do not solve the problem.
this is setup back to 11-14-2002 the day before the bonobo-activation
update on the main servers. This is what I would do until a solution is
found with the current packs that are borked. Good Luck!

--
Sean Harshbarger