A fixed gnome-control-center.deb (gnome-settings-daemon problem)

Hi,

I was hit by the "splash screen freezes" problem in sid as well.

I tried and applied the gnome-settings-daemon fix from GNOME CVS to the
control-center, and obviously it fixes the problem indeed. At least
GNOME2 starts again for me, with all packages like bonobo-activation
installed from sid!

You can find a modified gnome-control-center 2.0.2.91 package at
http://people.debian.org/~flight/control/center.

    Gregor

--
Gregor Hoffleit    Media Supervision Software Consulting GmbH
hoffleit@mediasupervision.de   Georg-Friedrich-Händel-Str. 13