Re: error loading or saving configuration

Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@debian.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Ever since I switched from garnome to the experimental (and now just
> unstable) GNOME 2 packages, I've had a dialog box appear after the GNOME
> splash screen which states:
>
>   "An error occurred while loading or saving configuration
>   information for gnome-settings-daemon.  Some of your
>   configuration settings may not work properly."
>
> and with it, a button "Details" that reveals when pressed:
>
>   "Type mismatch:
>   Expected list of list, got list of list"
>
> I see no messages on vc/1 related to this.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas where/why this is happening, or how I can track
> it down?

This has come up several times - try searching the list for the error
message, there have been workarounds posted, IIRC.

Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Dru@ICQ        | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc