Re: gnome2 in debian unstable

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 12:19:48AM +0100, Benjamin Hagemann wrote:
> Hello List!
>
> I use debian unstable. Now my Gnome does not start.
> I hope you can understand the probleme when you read my logs.

Does the gdm screen appear ? Or does X boot using another dm/wm, or
plain simple running /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86 ?

I guess yes, and that you upgraded unstable yesterday or some such.

First, this kind of questions belong to the debian-gtk-gnome mailing
list, and if you were subscribed to it, you would know that it is a
problem related to the bonbo-activation package, look at the last thread
of the debian-gtk-gnome list for more info.

Or just downgrade the three packages :

libbonobo-activation-dev
libbonobo-activation4
bonobo-activation

And it should be fine (i did put them on hold with dpkg --set-selection
until the problem is fixed).

Friendly,

Sven Luther