Re: sid breakage

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 10:42:09PM +0000, Chris Jones wrote:

> I just upgraded my sid box and gnome2 stuff seems to be slightly broken,
> when I log in through gdm (or run startx), it displays the splash
> screen, then stops. I tried it with a completely empty $HOME and got the
> same result.

Yes, that's the bonobo-activation thing someone just posted about.  I
got the same thing when I built RPMs for Rawhide.

Oddly, it doesn't seem to happen when building GNOME from CVS, but it
did still happen when I made a CVS snap of bonobo-activation and built
that in rawhide.

If anyone figures it out, please let me know. ;-) Happens in both deb
and RPM packages, doesn't happen from CVS... what the?

Havoc