Re: Theme packages ?

> Trust me, you can't call it Bluecurve. ;-)
>
> I'm hoping to make a release with a "configure --with-name=Wonderland"
> type of feature. I'm not sure I can convince automake to do this, but
> worth a try. Otherwise you probably have to do "make install" and then
> a lot of mv/sed action as part of the packaging. I could actually put
> the mv/sed action in our spec file and leave the tarball name as
> "Wonderland" instead of "Bluecurve"

So, it's really going to be a pain to have some people's machines calling
this theme "Bluecurve" and others calling it "Wonderland". As an independent
theme author, how can I base an enhanced theme on it reliably?

It looks like any theme I write based on Wonderland will break for Red Hat
users, so *they* will be the second class citizens in this instance. It may
get to a point that Red Hat users will install Wonderland just to be
compatible with everyone else.

I grok the issues, and I accept Red Hat's use of trademarks, but this
particular use does create a (small) world of pain... and I can't see a
technical solution on the horizon.

- Jeff