Re: Things that need to be done in order to get a more satisfacted gnome2 experience :)

Lucas Moreno Encabo wrote:

  Font stuff is a very well problem nowdays. I have a few proposals that
will let users enjoy the Gnome 2 eXPerience ;) without breaking their
heads:

	1- XftConfig should contain defoma directories by default.

And /etc/fs/config should contain defoma directories by default as well!

	4- /usr/bin/gnome-wm should only tries to launch metacity or
sawfish, because they are the only WM suported by g2. Using g2 with twm is
very disgusting, trust me.

But what about windowmaker? There must be more than just metacity and sawfish that work with gnome2.

I think the real problem is that it should never have tried to use TWM as the default in the first place.