Are gnome setting initialized too late ?

Hello, ...

A bit more thinking about the background and font at startup.

When the splash screen appears (and gnome-session starts), just after
gdm2, i see :

  o the background is a grey uniform color, i did not set this up so
    anywhere.

  o the fonts of the first message are not the one i did choose.

This changes after the second or third (difficult to guess it is
changing fast, maybe i should run gnome2 on a my 68400 box to be able to
better read it) icon that appears.

My understanding of this is that the setting of the values i did choose
for fonts and background are applied to late in the gnome-session bootup
process, but then i may be wrong, since the whole stuff seems rather
opaque to me.

That said, i guess it would be ok for the fonts to be applied before the
first message is displayed, but for the background thingy, either we
need to disable the setting of the grey default, or move the prefs
setting before the first background drawing.

Does my conclusions seem right ? Are there any hint on where i should
look for confirmation/modification of this ? Do any other people see the
font thingy ? I know others see the background change.

All in all, i think this should be solved, since it gives a feel of
unrightness/unfinished software to gnome.

BTW, i also don't have an icon for the second splash icon, i never had,
maybe this is related, but i don't know. What package is this icon
supposed to be part of ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther