Re: Lost menus/preferences

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 19:24, Matt Brubeck wrote:
> On Nov 4, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>
> > My "Applications" menu now consists of solely an empty Debian menu and
> > a KDE menu (containing OpenOffice and Wine). The Actions -> Run
> > Program dialog is entirely empty (i.e. contains no "known
> > applications").
>
> See this message from the list archive (summary: remove obsolete files
> in /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/vfolders):
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-gtk-gnome/2002/debian-gtk-gnome-200210/msg00451.html

Cheers - I'm now even more confused than before. ;-)

I'd already tried that, and made sure that vfolders only contained the
appropriate files. After a reboot, however, I discovered that the folder
appeared to be completely empty (although libgnomevfs2-common was
apparently correctly installed).

Unpacking the files from the deb and placing them in the folder appears
to have fixed the problem.

I have no idea what the heck happened, but it all seems to be sorted...

Cheers,

Adam