Re: GNOME 2 transition status

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 05:06:40PM +0100, Bart Schuller wrote:
> I had the same thing happen to me a some 9 days ago. Restarting gdm(2)
> didn't help, killing all my own processes didn't help, but to my
> surprise a reboot helped. I'm running experimental+unstable.

This is a longshot, but I observed this awhile also, and it transpired
to correspond with a downed lo interface (probably freeswan's doing, but
the culprit was never apprehended).  Without loopback a number of things
stalled in the gnome2 login.

--
Devin  \ aqua(at)devin.com, 1024D/E9ABFCD2;  http://www.devin.com
Carraway \ IRC: Requiem  GCS/CC/L s-:--- !a !tv C++++$ ULB+++$ O+@ P L+++